Saturday, December 12, 2009

Gastroparesis More Condition_symptoms What Can A Gal With Gastroparesis Do To Ease Constipation From Lack Of Fiber?

What can a gal with gastroparesis do to ease constipation from lack of fiber? - gastroparesis more condition_symptoms

I recently received a diagnosis of post-viral gastroparesis. While I was eating, oh, the fat little support quite a few (I do not know how hate fresh vegetables and baby food!), I Developed a strong tendency to constipation. I think this is due to the fiber of the "low" part of my diet. I am a little to about this because as regards the family history of colon cancer, and the fibers to prevent ... What can I eat or drink to relieve constipation?

4 comments:

Kristi said...

Hey, I'm sorry for your recent diagnosis. I also have gastroparesis. My gastroenterologist recommended Miralax me. I have not tried it yet, because I had no problems with constipation, but it is a gentle but effective laxative. I know what you mean about baby food ... ugh! I now prefer the soup mixed baby foods are good other than fruit. You should check the Yahoo group for the gastroparesis. They offer great support and advice to other patients. The link http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/gas ... They are a wonderful group and is an ideal place to air, if you are in a bad light. Good luck to you.

Kristie The Crohnie/Vet Tech said...

Stool softeners. I would like to ask you about GI laxatives without a prescription ... Hmm, you're SOL on the food a little ... If you can make apple juice, I know that some people will take me ... ...

Kristie The Crohnie/Vet Tech said...

Stool softeners. I would like to ask you about GI laxatives without a prescription ... Hmm, you're SOL on the food a little ... If you can make apple juice, I know that some people will take me ... ...

Kristie The Crohnie/Vet Tech said...

Stool softeners. I would like to ask you about GI laxatives without a prescription ... Hmm, you're SOL on the food a little ... If you can make apple juice, I know that some people will take me ... ...

Post a Comment